The Alhambra and Me

Samantha Yu
A day at the Alhambra

The Alhambra is one of the world’s most visited tourist attractions, and it’s not hard to see why. With exquisite architecture, lush gardens, and a rich historical past, the Alhambra is more beautiful than any tourist pamphlet could describe. Trekking up through el bosque de la Alhambra was a bit of a steep climb, but being surrounded by a lush green forest really made it a walk in the park. When we arrived, we first explored the gorgeous gardens and fountains of the Generalife, which was used as a summer home. The flowers and plants were bright and perfectly maintained. The Palacios Nazaríes boasted the most intricate and impressive architecture I’ve ever seen. There were incredible views of Granada everywhere you looked and something new to admire at every turn. I found myself looking down at the Albaicín’s white houses and feeling so grateful to be able to study the history of this incredible city and to admire its beauty. Knowing that I live a short fifteen-minute walk away from this awesome monument of history and art has filled me with more and more appreciation and awe for this city. I will definitely be back to explore all the rest of the corners of the Alhambra!

Samantha Yu

Hiya! My name is Samantha Yu and I'm a student at Scripps College in California. Some of my favorite things to do are eating, songwriting, napping, taking photos, and exploring. I'm a huge fan of plants, pups, and pancakes!

Scripps College
San Fernando Valley, CA
Media/Media Studies