The Enrollment Management (EM) Team are the mechanics of IES Abroad, keeping the admissions and predeparture processes finely tuned and running smoothly year round.
This team is the ultimate support unit, providing lightning-fast assistance and strong support to our colleagues in Program Advising and College Relations. In EM, we pride ourselves on:
- Speedy processing of applications for admission and the many required supporting documents
- Timely review of thousands of pre-departure forms
- Keeping abreast of the latest regulations with regard to student visas
- Maintaining excellent relationships with consulates and embassies around the US
- Expertly handling batch visa processing for almost 900 students per year through our ACCeSS program
- Reviewing financial aid applications within five days of receipt and awarding $5 million in aid to thousands of students across eight different scholarship and aid programs.
Working with local Center Directors, Program Deans identify and hire the finest, most experienced faculty; safeguard academic policies; and conduct strategic planning for the programs operating at our Centers. They regularly monitor course syllabi, and have advanced degrees and extensive international experience.
Program Deans also direct all program assessments, where they lead assessment teams comprising faculty and staff from IES Abroad Academic Consortium schools and IES Abroad staff members. Deans also serve as liaisons to other IES Abroad departments to ensure that we are providing the highest quality academic experience.
Our Dean of Students Office provides pre-Departure and on-site support for you and your students. They establish and oversee our health and safety guidelines, and consult with the IES Abroad Centers to maintain high standards of safety for your students. Our student affair staff manage on site crisis management (in conjunction with our Crisis Management Team) and our Behavior Intervention Team and has access to a highly experienced medical and psychological consultants as needed.
Based in Chicago, our Student Affairs staff is responsible for guidance on:
- Pre-Existing Conditions
- Student Misconduct
- Student Health Insurance
- Student Medical Reports
- Accommodation Requests
- Parent communications
The Student Affairs staff also provides oversight and training of our onsite Student Services staff regarding:
- Student welfare (health, housing, cultural adjustment, student activities, orientation)
- Student insurance
- Student conduct
- Parent concerns
- Crisis management
We're proud that our students are as diverse as the countries where they study and intern abroad. We launched our Initiative to Diversify Education Abroad to make studying abroad a learning experience accessible to all students, creating a student body that reflects the diversity of both the U.S. and our college student population.
Though we know every student is unique and distinct in their own way, we define a diverse student as someone who identifies as a racial/ethnic minority, first-generation college student, students with financial need, LGBTQ, and/or is a student who has demonstrated a history of overcoming adversity such as a physical, mental health, or learning disability.
Our Diversity Team provides:
- Predeparture advising preparation and services unique to the needs of diverse and underrepresented students.
- Guidance, resources, and training to U.S. colleges and universities in the IES Abroad consortium that improve access and student diversity, and assist in providing leadership on diversity matters in the field of education abroad.
- Top-notch diversity abroad resources in the field. Whether that's through our online country-specific diversity resources, student blogs, scholarships, and dedicated diversity team, or our personal one-on-on advising, our dedicated Diversity Team is here to support and encourage your students throughout the process.