Gracias Granada (a song by me!)

Samantha Yu

¡Hola mis amigos! It’s been a little over a week since I arrived back home in California, and I’ve been spending my time relaxing and reflecting on my time abroad. Part of me feels like it was just yesterday when I landed in Granada, stumbling over my words in Spanish and getting lost every time I left the house. While I definitely still did those things up until my last days there, I know that I’ve grown so much over these past few months.

Though I feel happy to be home, I already miss my everyday life in Granada so much. I miss walking to all of my favorite spots in the Albaicín, I miss being a part of the bustle and sounds of the city, I miss looking up and seeing the Alhambra just outside the window, I miss smelling the almost overly-sweet piononos from the bakery downstairs, I miss eating croquetas and jamon and tostadas, but most of all, I miss the people that became my family in a few short months.

For me, there was no better way to say goodbye and gracias to Granada than to write a song: the first song I’ve written in Spanish! Thank you so much for following along with my adventures abroad, I’m so grateful for everyone that has been reading and watching my blog posts. Until next time, amigos! ¡Hasta luego!

Samantha Yu

Hiya! My name is Samantha Yu and I'm a student at Scripps College in California. Some of my favorite things to do are eating, songwriting, napping, taking photos, and exploring. I'm a huge fan of plants, pups, and pancakes!

Scripps College
San Fernando Valley, CA
Media/Media Studies