Allez les Bleus!!!

Mimi Price

Normally, I am not a lucky person, but this week I won tickets from our program to go see a soccer  football match! It must be the magic of being in Paris, because I never win that kind of thing! I also don’t know anything about the French soccer team, but I love any occasion to try something new. And it wasn’t just any soccer match, it was a World Cup Qualifier match between France and Finland!

The first thing that I learned is that the Stade de France is huuuugge! It was so fun to see everyone decked out in their bleu, blanc et rouge to support their country! After searching the stadium, we found French flags so that we could join in on the fun. In French class, one of the things they don’t teach you is how to cheer at sporting events. Luckily, the only cheer we needed was “Allez les Bleus” which basically means “go team!”

The best part of the night (besides winning 3-0) was realizing that I felt like I was cheering for my own country. France has become my home in the past month and a half, and I wanted to see les Bleus win just as badly as every other person there.  Each day, my sense of belonging here grows and I will keep cheering for les Bleus all the way to the World Cup!