Our mission is simple: to provide you with the highest quality academic and cultural experience abroad possible.
We offer unique courses that explore international business, political science, communications, French language, and more through an in-depth and hands-on approach. Our world-class professors and course options at a prestigious local university enhance your academic experience and provide you with new perspectives each day in class.
While in Paris, you take 15–19 credits per semester; all courses are worth 3 US credits unless otherwise specified.
Based on your qualifications for taking Business courses and your language level, your academic experience may include the following required and optional components:
- French language course (required, 4 US credits)
- IES Abroad Paris Business & International Affairs courses (optional, 3 US credits; English-taught, prerequisites for individual courses apply)
- IB/MG393 Global Leadership course (optional, 3 US credits) To develop your cross-cultural leadership skills
- Internship placement and seminar (optional, 3 US credits, requires placement into FR352 or higher)
- Partner University course (optional, 2-3 US credits; English-taught; prerequisites for individual courses apply)
When planning your term abroad, please note the following guidelines regarding specific courses:
- You may enroll in only one Art History course.
- BS/FR324 Business French is a French-taught elective and does not replace a French language course. This course is open to students who have placed into an FR 352 or higher
IES Abroad French Language Courses
The IES Abroad program begins with one week of intensive language classes. You continue your language instruction for the remainder of the semester for a total of 4 credits.
Enrollment is determined by a written predeparture language exam followed by an intensive language period on-site, during which oral proficiency is evaluated.