Comida en Espana

Lauren Anderson

I have been in Barcelona for about a week and a half now and I feel like I have eaten so many different things already! My favorite thing so far about Spain is "Menu del Dia". For 10-12 euros in many restaurants you can get three courses plus a drink. In the United States just having one course is around 10 dollars. The menu del dia allows you to try many different types of food on a budget while studying abroad or vacationing in Barcelona. In addition, it is easy to save even more money by going to bakeries or other places that sell sandwiches or tapas. A sandwich seems to generally cost between 3 and 6 euros while also being very tasty! Tapas are also generally inexpensive at 3-6 euros each, and two tapas is enough to fill you up. My favorite tapas dish I have tried so far is patatas bravas. Some places make it slightly spicy while others just use a regular type of aioli. 

In Barcelona and other places in Spain you are bound to find many dishes you enjoy as there is a very wide range of food. Everything I have eaten so far has been absolutely delicious and I am greatly enjoying my time here. Look at the photos included in this blog post to see the types of food I have been eating in Spain!