Saying Goodbye to Santiago

Kyla Corvino
The Andes

My last week in Santiago was very productive!  I spent the week hiking with my host sister, eating the foods I love one last time and enjoying the last couple of days with people I love!

On Friday, my host sister and I decided it would be a fun idea to hike Cerro San Cristóbal, which is a hill located in the center of Santiago.  Climbing the hill was anything but easy after having gained seven pounds and not done any exercise for the past six weeks.  Thankful we made it up the mountain and were able to take some awesome pictures of the city from up above and of the Virgin Mary statue that can be found at the very top of Cerro San Cristóbal.  

After that adventure we decided to reward ourselves with some gohan, which is basically sushi in a bowl.  It was delicious!   Mine was white rice topped with avocado, salmon, cream cheese and shrimp.  Yummy!

I also got to spend some quality time with my Chilean friends.  The night before my departure we decided to get some sushi for the last time.  I have to say, I was pretty sad knowing that that was going to be my last time getting to have Chilean sushi for a while!