Inevitable Complications of Traveling

Hope Yi

The best moments are the easiest to document because you want to maintain and treasure those memories. But when things go wrong...that's another story. Traveling and simply coming to a different country to study abroad inevitably comes with its struggles. Here, I've captured a raw, unglamorous moment of traveling that I am honestly so happy I recorded. Editing and re-watching the entire ordeal brought so much laughter and joy. I guess it is the genuine panic, anxiety, and my lack of athleticism that is so perfectly portrayed here that makes it so enjoyable for me...and my friends, HAHA.

All complications aside, we barely made it to Lake Como. And, I am so thankful and thrilled we did. It. Was. Absolutely. Breathtaking. I understand why George Clooney chose to live there. I also had one of the best pizzas I've tried in Como at a pizzeria called the Peach Pit. Anyway, we ran about two miles, hopped on two trains, rode one subway, and ran a little more in the span of about twenty minutes. Here is one of the many possible realities of traveling. Nevertheless, these kinds of realities make places even more memorable and special.