Honoring Immigrant Heritage Month at IES Abroad

Post by IES Abroad

June is Immigrant Heritage Month, and at IES Abroad we work to weave the stories of immigrants and their experiences throughout what we do as an organization. Chicago, where our main office is headquartered, is home to a diverse population of immigrants from all over the world.

Getting Ready for my Summer in Spain!

Post by Ellie Carter

Get ready with me as I sort out all the nerves and excitement as I leave for Barcelona!

The Long Road to Study Abroad During COVID

Post by Eli Mccoy

This pre-departure blog covers what led to deciding to study abroad during the Summer of 2021 and everything that went into the process of preparing for it from packing to printing papers. It covers all the steps that one will have to go through in order to study abroad in the new time of Covid.

Global Leadership SerIES - IES Abroad Cape Town Professor Dr. Carla Lever

Post by IES Abroad

In this installment of Fireside Chats with Fascinating Faculty, part of the IES Abroad Global Leadership SerIES, Gretchen Cook-Anderson, IES Abroad Associate Vice President, Assistant to the President for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Antiracism, and Director of Diversity Recruitment and Advising talks with IES Abroad Cape Town Professor Dr. Carla Lever.

Celebrating AAPI Heritage Month with IES Abroad

Post by IES Abroad

May is Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month in the United States, and we've been taking time to reflect on our AAPI friends', colleagues', and students' experiences, both here and abroad.

Honoring Moms with Our Favorite Travel Memories Together

Post by IES Abroad

This Mothers' Day—more than ever before—we're reflecting on more normal times spent together with our moms, grandmothers, host moms, and those who've stepped into a maternal role. Get a little nostalgic with us and check out some of our coworkers' favorite travel mems with their moms.