Brighton

Thomas Gongol
Brighton Pier

Two posts in one night? Hot Diggity! This one is about the IES day trip to Brighton. This was a required trip for those in the British Youth Culture module (course) and optional for everyone else. This one's a bit of a mixed bag for me. I found the history of Brighton interesting, especially the Royal Pavilion. The architecture was incredible; largely due to the fact that despite the Asian/Indian style the royals that commissioned it had never visited that region. It was truly an opulent building. At the same time, to me, it largely felt like a sleepy Wildwood-esque town. And that's where my issue comes. Growing up not too far from the Jersey Shore, Brighton didn't quite strike me in any particular way. If anything it felt a little out of place, much like the pavilion itself. Perhaps on a warmer day, the stone beaches packed with families, I would have been able to appreciate more deeply. All this aside, it left me with some nice photographs which will maybe leave you with a different feeling.