Error message

No matching provider found.

Día de Gracias

Sheron Mathew

Día de Gracias

So last Thursday was the official good bye day for most of our IES ABROAD SANTIAGO FALL 2017 CREW. We shared our last supper with a nice, yet different, thanks giving Farwell (día de gracias) experience. Although there was no cranberry sauce, Maria Carmen’s (our program director) mashed potatoes were OUT OF THIS country (it was delish). All of our host families came to share this wonderful meal. Each family brought a salad and students made desert (well, only Langley and Emily made dessert, the rest of us bought postre (dessert) from the store).

Tyler and Ryan introduced everyone to our nightly festivities and we began with Ryan’s sick guitar skills. Then his host mom (a singer by trade) shared few of her songs with us. Then we TRIED to watch a video I put together, but due to song copyrights YouTube failed me… So I ran home, got my laptop, ran back and played it from my computer. Everyone enjoyed it. It holds some of our memories from throughout the semester, starting with our first trip to Valparaiso to the Halloween party. (I have attached a short version of it below!)

As the night carried on the IES Abroad building was left with just us. The BEST IES Abroad staff around and our IES Abroad crew. We sat and talked. Then we said our good byes as most people were leaving in the next couple hours for their final adventures between Chile and Argentina.

Sheron Mathew

<p>Hi! I am an observant incandescent light bulb. I may seem dim idle, but I am constantly taking everything in. At times I flare up from the stimulus I receive from my surrounding environment. &nbsp;I try to capture these unique moments through the sharp opening and closing of my camera&#39;s shutter by a mere click of a button. I use these captured images to give meaning to that moment and connect it to me, life, our world and the things and people that fill it. Won&#39;t you join me in putting this world into perspective?</p>

Wofford College