The Flight You Wouldn't Mind Missing

Moziah Thompson

Wow! I really can't believe its already over. Another prime example of the truth behind the saying "time flies when you're having fun." Although it seemed quick, the moments I experienced, friends I made, and everything in between was truly a once in a lifetime experience. This post isn't necessarily my re-entry post, it's more so just me sitting in the airport, wishing I had more time to spend in Japan. Also I figured I'd use this opportunity to feature any photos I have yet to post on this blog that I feel are worth sharing. 

I would also like to go ahead and give a huge thanks to the IES Abroad Advisors for this trip, Satoshi-sensei and Masae-san. THANK YOU! It was truly a pleasure to experience Japan and all it had to offer with these advisors, who I certainly considered friends now (even though I'm still going to use desu/masu form whenever we talk haha). The field trips that they planned for us were always a lot of fun and I can speak for everyone when I say we are very grateful for having them. We have discussed multiple times how lucky we were to be able to see so many diferent sites that many Japanese people have yet to experience. I'm not sure about everyone else, but my favorite was easily Shirakawa-go. I'm pretty jealous of Nate and Xavier, who are both staying for the spring semester, because of all the other field trips and course-related excursions they have the opportunity to experience! Also one more big thanks to all of my fellow IES Abroad Nagoya students, our group was amazing! I hope to see you all again someday and pick up right were left off, hopefully in Japan! ha.

Also the Center for Japanese Studies (CJS) Office staff at Nanzan University were very good, and although I didn't get to go on many of the CJS field trips, I know from stories and photos that they were very fun. It's unfortunate I didn't have the opportunity to go on the one I really wanted to, Nagoya Castle, because of an untimely typhoon warning (a typhoon that never actually happened, although I'm not too upset about that part). Also thank you and good luck to all of my 300 level classmates, good luck with all of your future Japanese studies and until next time we meet, take care!

Welp, here's some shots I like!

Moziah Thompson

<p>I am a graphic design student at Georgia State University. I work in a number of mediums including drawing, painting with oils, acrylics, and watercolors, and screen-printing. I tend to draw inspiration from artists such as Chuck Close, Dan Flavin, Roy Lichtenstein, KAWS, and Jeff Koons. I also enjoy studying different artistic styles as a whole, including: surrealism, pop art and Japanese ukiyo-e prints. Other than art and work, the majority of my time goes to listening to music and attempting to learn anything new from photography to playing a saxophone to transcendentalism. **attached creative sample is titled &quot;A Groovy Portrait of a Universal Soul&quot;. 19.5x25.5. Micron pen and watercolor on paper.</p>

Georgia State University
Graphic Design