Old Connections in New Places

Lexi Floom

Studying abroad is the perfect opportunity to try new things, eat new foods, and, most importantly, make new friends. Since arriving in London, I have been meeting new people left and right and hearing stories from all walks of life. My new friends here are truly amazing, and I often find myself thinking about how lucky I am to have found them. But, that being said, there is still something beautiful in being able to connect with old friends in a new place and start right back up where you left off.

I decided to take a break from the bustling city of London for a weekend and visit some old friends in Copenhagen. Wow, what a city it is! Scandinavia isn't a place I would have seen myself traveling to just a few short months ago, but hearing stories of sparkling lakes and colorful buildings from the people I grew up with sparked my curiosity. 

It didn't take more than an hour in Denmark to feel at home, and seeing my twin sister and long-time school friends made my heart full. I will never forget my time in this beautiful city, and the memories I made abroad with my best friends are ones that will stick with me for a lifetime. 

Lexi Floom

<p>Lexi Floom is a student at Indiana University majoring in Informatics with minors in Technology Consulting, Marketing, and Game Design. Last summer, Lexi interned abroad in Israel and strengthened her love for all things creative and adventurous. She can't wait to travel across London and Europe this semester and discover the hidden gems each country has to offer.</p>

Vernon Hills, IL