Day Trip at Xitang Watertown

Jonathan Thibeaux

Having been a home to both the Tang and Ming Dynasties, The Xitang Watertown is an ancient city nestled in the Jiaxing, Zhejiang Province. Still alive after thousands of years, the small town connects 9 rivers, which divide its 83 square kilometers into 8 districts. The Watertown is now home to small shops, restaurants, bars, a couple hotels, and even local people. Here is a brief glimpse into my day at the Xitang Watertown.

Song Credit: Buddhist Music of the Ming Dynasty: Chiu si diao

Jonathan Thibeaux

<p>Jonathan Thibeaux hails from Lafayette, LA and is a 5th year biology major at Morehouse College. A self-proclaimed &quot;media enthusiast, writer, motivator, and certified dreamer,&rdquo; he is working hard to catapult himself from a pre-medical past into the world of media and television. At Morehouse, he served as the Senior Co-Chair of the Campus Alliance for Student Activities, Co-Campus Based Leader for the Gates Millennium Scholar Group, Maroon Tiger Columnist, and Presidential Ambassador. Choosing to defer his degree for a year, he will be spending a year in Shanghai, China and Cape Town, South Africa for an immersive educational experience. Through his blog and affiliations he hopes to provide a safe and inspiring space for teenagers and adults to document and experience their lives, without the pressure to conform to social constructs. He hopes to one day work in Marketing as a television executive and possibly even becoming the talent of his own show. This fall he will be blogging for Shanghai, China.</p>

Morehouse College
Biological Sciences