The Beginning of a Beautiful Relationship

Jonathan Thibeaux
Jonathan Thibeaux for IES

What’s up world?

My name is Jonathan Thibeaux and I am fifth year student at Morehouse College in Atlanta, GA from Lafayette, LA. This fall, I have the pleasure of serving as one of your student bloggers and cannot wait to share with you my experiences in Shanghai, China. While nervous, I am so excited to begin my journey there and hope to provide you guys with the best sites to visit as well as offer up great information and reflections. Beyond that, I hope to provide you all snapshots into my courses, living situation, and more.

As a biology major, I once had medical school dreams, but later realized that being a doctor was not my purpose. In wanting to gain more experiences and solidify my postgraduate plans, I knew studying abroad would be the perfect choice for me. With a renewed interest in business and media, I hope to utilize my time abroad to not only grow more culturally relative, but also gain the tools to further strengthen my career foundation.

I cannot wait to start my time abroad and look forward to removing the walls that keep us separate and revealing my truest self to you all. Thank you all for beginning this journey with me.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Thibeaux

Jonathan Thibeaux

<p>Jonathan Thibeaux hails from Lafayette, LA and is a 5th year biology major at Morehouse College. A self-proclaimed &quot;media enthusiast, writer, motivator, and certified dreamer,&rdquo; he is working hard to catapult himself from a pre-medical past into the world of media and television. At Morehouse, he served as the Senior Co-Chair of the Campus Alliance for Student Activities, Co-Campus Based Leader for the Gates Millennium Scholar Group, Maroon Tiger Columnist, and Presidential Ambassador. Choosing to defer his degree for a year, he will be spending a year in Shanghai, China and Cape Town, South Africa for an immersive educational experience. Through his blog and affiliations he hopes to provide a safe and inspiring space for teenagers and adults to document and experience their lives, without the pressure to conform to social constructs. He hopes to one day work in Marketing as a television executive and possibly even becoming the talent of his own show. This fall he will be blogging for Shanghai, China.</p>

Morehouse College
Biological Sciences