Wandering in Siena and Exploring Firenze

Jessica Heymach

This first week has been amazing! After our first language class on Thusday, Chloe, Allie and I decided to wander around Siena and try to find some of the Contrade. The 17 Contrade are the different districts of Siena and each of them have their own symbol and a fountain repesenting their district. We saw the Tartuga (Tortoise) fountain on our walking tour and we managed to find the fountains of the Contrada della Torre (Elephant), the district where I am staying and the Contrada del Leocorno (Unicorn) and saw sme amazng views of the city on our way! Yesterday we spent our first free day exploring Firenze and taking in all the sights and the culture of Tuscany's capitol!

Jessica Heymach

<p>Jessica Heymach is a junior at Lehigh University with a double major in International Relations and Sociology and Anthropology. She cannot be happier to be studying abroad in Siena, Italy this spring. Jessica is from Long Island, New York and loves adventures, whether it is hiking in the Adirondacks or scuba diving in Maui. She has a passion for photography and art. Traveling has always been her dream, and she cannot wait to explore and experience as many cultures as possible.</p>

Lehigh University