Perugia, Bevagna & Assisi

Jessica Heymach

Last week was definitely a whirlwind, getting back from spring break on Sunday, field trip to Florence Wednesday and IES trip to Umbria Friday and Saturday. Getting to Perugia our first stop was our hotel, the Etruscan Chocohotel, where all the decorations were chocolate themed. After we went on our tour of Perugia, seeing all the main churches and buildings. The part that stuck me most was the mix of styles within the churches, as parts or even the entire interiors have been redone since their initial construction. Especially coming from Siena, where everything has been preserved from the Middle Ages, it was an interesting contrast. That afternoon we went to the cute little town of Bevagna where they had live exhibits set up such as paper, silk and candle making. Saturday morning we left early to spend the entire day in Assisi. It was a bit overcast so the views of the countryside were not very clear but the city itself was amazing! We saw the church of Santa Chiara as well as the Basilica of San Francesco. While I've been to a lot of medieval towns, Assisi was definitely one of the most beautiful.

Jessica Heymach

<p>Jessica Heymach is a junior at Lehigh University with a double major in International Relations and Sociology and Anthropology. She cannot be happier to be studying abroad in Siena, Italy this spring. Jessica is from Long Island, New York and loves adventures, whether it is hiking in the Adirondacks or scuba diving in Maui. She has a passion for photography and art. Traveling has always been her dream, and she cannot wait to explore and experience as many cultures as possible.</p>

Lehigh University