5 Essentials for International Travel

Hope Yi

Hello! My name is Hope Yi and I am a sophomore from Emory University studying International Studies and Global Health. Here is a glimpse of what I am bringing with me for my semester abroad in Rome, Italy.

Here is a quick backstory to my semester abroad. I have studied abroad once before, but with a group of my friends, for a couple of months over the summer, in my home country, South Korea. On the contrary, I have absolutely no ties with Italy and will have the everlasting support of one of my closest friends from Emory University who will be accompanying me... reluctantly...HAHA, I'm just kidding.  

This video, in particular, is more of an introduction to my semester as I begin to pack and prepare to travel. More of my content will be capturing my everyday life and travels. 

Although I am going with little knowledge of Italian culture and my very limited Spanish (yes, not even Italian. Just Spanish.), I am thrilled to struggle through and learn so much about this country and hope you are willing to walk alongside with me on this exciting journey. I look forward to presenting my journey abroad, capturing as many of the memories and experiences I can.