Shifting Sands

by Micol

Below is an article I wrote for my Chinese class and published on my WeChat moments! My time here in China has led me to do some really interesting research and travel to some amazing places, like Inner Mongolia. Thank you to Providence College and IES Abroad for giving me this opportunity~

Thursday Nights with BÄMBooo

by Zoe

One of the highlights of a week in Berlin is getting to play ultimate frisbee every Thursday! There are a lot of different organizations in Berlin––men’s, women’s, and mixed––so I joined a fall league that brings the frisbee community together.

A Cliché Study Abroad Story: My Teaching Internship

by Miah

There are a lot of cheesy clichés you may have heard about study abroad. Things such as: 

To study abroad is to EVOLVE

The further you venture away, the more you will meet YOURSELF

The less you close yourself off the more your mind will OPEN

The Winds of Time (Part Three)

by Miah

I got the idea for this blog post days after already publishing a blog on the IES field trip, and just couldn’t let it go. Combining my love for fictional writing, travel, and history, I’ve striven here to highlight the historical stories that surround us in Europe. Remembering the lives of the past is perhaps a good way to travel richer in the present. The trilogy ends with a Medieval sanctuary featured in the Bayeaux tapestry itself, Mont Saint Michel….

The Winds of Time (Part Two)

by Miah

I got the idea for this blog post days after already publishing a blog on the IES Abroad field trip, and just couldn’t let it go. Combining my love for fictional writing, travel, and history, I’ve striven here to highlight the historical stories that surround us in Europe. Remembering the lives of the past is perhaps a good way to travel richer in the present. The trilogy continues in Saint-Malo with the tragic fires of World War 2….

The Winds of Time (Part One)

by Miah

I got the idea for this blog post days after already publishing a blog on the IES Abroad field trip, and just couldn’t let it go. Combining my love for fictional writing, travel, and history, I’ve striven here to highlight the historical stories that surround us in Europe. Remembering the lives of the past is perhaps a good way to travel richer in the present. The trilogy begins in the “City of Pirates”, Saint Malo….