The Yellow Mountains - Huangshan China

Elena Angst

Alright, so I've been in China for about 13 weeks and I think this is one of the most beautiful places I have been so far. (Guilin gives it a run for its money—check my previous posts.) But, if not the most beautiful than it is at least the most breathtaking! These are the Yellow Mountains; here they are called Huangshan, and you can either hike to the top (they say it’s the top, but you've still got a ways to go once you get to this point) which takes I think somewhere near four hours or you can take the cable car. I wimped out and took the cable car. But there is still a lot of hiking to do once you get to the top of the cable car because that for sure is nowhere near the top! These mountains never ceased to amaze me; at every new peak I came across I kept thinking it was the most stunning view I had seen. I spent the weekend up on the mountain top and was fortunate enough to be able to watch the sun rise and set over these magnificent peaks! After spending two whole days there, it still wasn't enough time to explore the whole mountain and get my fill of the scenery. I feel like I could have spent a lifetime among those peaks. If you ever visit China this is a must destination! I hope you enjoy my pictures, although they do not do the scenery justice. :)

Monkey Rock Looking Over the Sea