"These are a few of my favorite things"

Caroline Hickey
default blog image with travel icons on a blue background

Here is a list of my top 6 places/things I did in London that included good pictures. I did so many fun things, but sometimes the pictures did not turn out alright or I was too wrapped up in the moment to pull out my camera! Even in my 3 months here I barely scratched the surface of things to do and places to see. It just means another trip back!

In no specific order here's my list:

1) Kings Cross

Kings Cross is my nearest Tube station and train station. It feels like everyone at all times is bustling around there. I am very happy to be next to such a hub! There's a lot of restaraunts inside the station, including platform 9 3/4! I can see the station from my room (later on this list) and can see St. Pancras's clock glow every night. Behind the station is Regent's Canal, a surprisingly big canal with house boats! As you can tell, I am a big fan of Kings Cross.

2) Museums

London has an incredible plethora of museums. These pictures are from the National Gallery and the Victoria and Albert. I got to see an exhibit on Matisse, Degas, and almost an exbihit on Winnie the Pooh (It's at the V&A, you should go because I couldn't!). Lots of the museums are free admission too!

3) Parks

Please see my blog post about how much I love London parks. In the first picture, I included the homes that surround Regent's Park. Those are my dream homes :)

4) Christmas!

Christmas in London is literally the best. There is so much holiday themed stuff from Winter Wonderland to ice skating to gingerbread cities like the photo I have. Christmas season is so jolly and happy, it's really great to be in a city that emphasizes it!

5) Views

London has a great skyline and lots of great places to document it! In order it goes Tate Modern, Sky Garden, and next to St Paul's. I love skylines so I made sure to try to get as many pictures as possible! Which leads to my last favorite thing

6) My view

One of my favorite things this term was my view from the 12th floor of Chapter Kings Cross. This is right next to my bed! I got to see so many amazing sunsets, the occasional glare of a sunrise and really cool weather. It really made me feel a part of London.

Alright that's my list! The next time I write I'll be back home across the pond :)

Caroline Hickey

<p style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">My name is Caroline and I go to school at Knox College and am from Alexandria, VA. I'm vice-president of book club, run on the track team, and and in the sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma. I self designed my major in Middle East and North African Studies with two minors in Studio Art and Anthropology/Sociology. I love to paint and take photos! One of my favorite places on Earth is the Sahara desert, and where I took one of my favorite photos, of camels!<span style="text-autospace:none"><span style="font-size:16.0pt"><span style="font-family:&quot;Times&quot;,serif"> </span></span></span></p>

Knox College
Alexandria, VA