"Now I Long for Yesterday"

Caroline Hickey

Well not really "yesterday" since I've been back in the States for three weeks now, but I really do miss my time in London. This last blog post is some of my favorite photos I took that I did not already publish. I've enjoyed telling all my fun stories to my friends and family. Sadly I am still not able to fake a British accent of any kind, but I do believe my love for tea has grown (or at least that's what my friends have said). I very much miss my bus, "73 to Stoke Newington", or all the yummy food markets. I'm still doing my finals for my classes though, so it still feels like I'm in those classes! I keep texting my friends from SOAS looking for motivation to finish them!

With out further ado, in what I think is chronological order, some of my favorite photos:

Here is Prince Albert Hall, where I went to a symphony the first weekend I was in London!

This is from my trip to Bath. I love that movie theaters are called cinemas in the UK. It sounds more sophisticated!

One of my many favorite pictures of my view.

I got to see a guard change accidentally at Buckingham Palace. I loved the pony cops!

One of my favorite things now is anytime I watch London/UK based TV shows or movies, I can recognize places. Trafalgar Square appeared in Doctor Who one time and I was very excited that I had visited it.

London has great night life. My friends and I went to this bar/ball pit for halloween. Ball pits are still fun for adults! 

On proper Halloween we went to the bar that the people Jack the Ripper supposedly murdered attended regularly and the night they died. It's a really cool bar actually! It's called the Ten Bells.

This was my home! I lived on the west side, facing the sunset. I love the outside color, it just popped!

I was very lucky to be able to travel while abroad. I'll never forget the sherbert sky of Porto!

One of my highlights of my trips was the Sangrada Familia for sure. It is one of the prettiest and coolest buildings I've ever been in.

I loved it so much it deserves two pictures!

This is the Dublin Castle, it's mostly used for political meetings and stuff.

A view in Edinburgh from the castle of Arthur's Seat. I climbed that! It was a work out...

One of my favorite photos. I love the ambiance of it.

This hot cocoa cup is so right.

From my last day. I walked around the South Bank after getting brunch with a friend and got to see some really cool sites, like Tower Bridge (pictured here) and St. Paul's!

I definitely miss London and cannot wait to go back! I'm very thankful for my experience and would 100% do it again in a heart beat.

Caroline Hickey

<p style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">My name is Caroline and I go to school at Knox College and am from Alexandria, VA. I'm vice-president of book club, run on the track team, and and in the sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma. I self designed my major in Middle East and North African Studies with two minors in Studio Art and Anthropology/Sociology. I love to paint and take photos! One of my favorite places on Earth is the Sahara desert, and where I took one of my favorite photos, of camels!<span style="text-autospace:none"><span style="font-size:16.0pt"><span style="font-family:&quot;Times&quot;,serif"> </span></span></span></p>

Knox College
Alexandria, VA