Loving London!

Alanna Williams

Living in Milan has made it so easy for me to travel to so many cities, and London was by far one of my favorites. It was nice to get to spend time with family and to see family members that I hadn’t met before. During my first night in the city, I was welcomed with a huge dinner that my grandpa and uncle had spent the day making. It was so amazing and had all of the traditional Jamaican food that I had been missing so much since moving to Italy. I got to know my cousins and even got to meet my great grandma! The next day, my friend Michaela arrived, and we spent the entire day sightseeing with my cousins. We saw everything from Shakespeare’s Globe to the London Eye, and we were able to get a sneak peak of Big Ben even though it was under construction. I was so excited to try Nando’s for the first time, and it certainly didn’t disappoint. I hope they decide to open one in New York soon! All in all, it was the trip that I needed to make through the rest of the semester! It was so great seeing my family and was the perfect weekend to have right before spring break!