Como

Alanna Williams

Milan hasn’t been the warmest in the slightest, so when my friends and I saw that the weather was going to higher than 65 degrees, we hopped on the first train to Lake Como. I guess everyone else had the same idea because it was packed! We got there around 11 a.m. and immediately went to L’ora Della Pasta, the highest-rated pasta restaurant in Como. I couldn’t help but get cacio e pepe ravioli with pesto (my favorite). It was so good and really inexpensive! Next, we headed straight to the water. We spent a good chunk of the day trying to soak up as much sun as possible. Some of us took a boat tour around the lake and got a look at the other towns. After the boat tour we spent the rest of the day walking around trying to find George Clooney’s house. It was an unsuccessful attempt, but Como is only a 35-minute train ride away from Milan so I’m sure we’ll return to Como sometime again soon. Next, we stopped to get some gelato. I guess everyone had the same idea because every gelato shop around the lake had a line all the way outside of their building and into the street.  All in all, Como is by far the perfect place to go after a long day of classes.