Chillin' in Copenhagen

Alanna Williams

I recently traveled to Copenhagen with one of my best friends from high school, and I have to say it was truly an amazing experience. Copenhagen wasn’t on my list of places to travel originally so I didn’t really know what to expect, nor was I super enthusiastic about going. Surprisingly, the city blew me away. From the people to the food to the historical monuments Copenhagen is definitely a must-see! Our first stop was brunch at a restaurant called Mad & Kaffe. When we got there the line was out the door and down the street. Being as obsessed with food as I am, I couldn’t wait to see what all of the hype was about. We got to choose a variety of foods that came served to us on a platter. Every time I go to a new restaurant, I always try to order the weirdest thing on the menu and the weirdest thing they had by far was a chicken nugget with mango lime avocado sauce. I ordered it amongst a bunch of other normal things including a hot chocolate. It was by far the best brunch I have ever had! Next, we stopped at Nyhavn. It was still pretty early in the day, but the port was super lively. There were tons of people and the famous colored buildings are even more beautiful in person. Our next stop was trampolines? My friend insisted that we find these infamous trampolines that were placed in the pavement of a street somewhere. I was a little skeptical at first but when we found them I couldn’t wait to hop on! After jumping our brunch out of our systems, we headed to the Christiansborg Palace. One of the four residencies that the Royal family of Copenhagen has there. I honestly wish I had the words to describe how remarkable it was. From the many rooms, to the collected tapestries on the walls, to the details on every single ceiling, the Christiansborg Palace is definitely a must-see. When we were done pretending to be Royalty for a few hours we went to a place that had the complete opposite environment, Christiana. Christiana is city within Copenhagen where laws aren’t as strict, and people are allowed to roam more freely. I wish I could’ve captured it on camera but for security reasons cameras weren’t allowed. The people in Copenhagen were even more beautiful than the sights! They were so friendly and helpful and welcomed tourists with open arms. Overall, Copenhagen was amazing. I highly recommend everyone to visit at least once in their lives. I can’t wait to go back!