The World on Fire

Shannon Sotomayor

"I don't want to set the world on fire. I just want to start a flame in your heart."

Three out of four final shows performed. One diploma from The Gaiety School of Acting received. It reads: "This certifies that Shannon Sotomayor has successfully completed IES Abroad Spring Semester 2016." Completed. I'm not a fan of that word currently. Not at all. But I will admit there are many things I'm happy to report experiencing. 

Firstly, as seen in the video, our Mime scenes were a blast. Whether representing a pickpocket, an alien, or an uptight chef - the eight of us had fun pretending to be Charlie Chaplan in any capacity.

Secondly, the relief that comes after the nerves of preparing for a performance is bliss. In case you were wondering. After a week of stress, rehearsal, frozen pizza, and deep breathing - we somehow made out with three separate, entirely different, unique shows. I hate to be finished, but there's beauty in the exhale. I can let go of that fear again.

And lastly for now, I was welcomed into another city, Edinburgh. A great weekend to be covered in Tartan, and a beautiful, historical Sunday to come back to Dublin on.

I don't want to leave. So for now I'm keeping my mind on the flames started in my heart. Thanks to you. You all know who you are.