Midnight in Dublin + Paris

Shannon Sotomayor

Some people might not belive me. But I've got pretty strong evidence that my life could be a movie. The lighting, the staging, the music - almost too perfect. Especially with the introduction of an idea like Paris. 

I flew into the Beauvais airport, took a shuttle to the city, and found myself in Paris, France at exactly midnight. And not only that - but once I turned around, I saw my two friends from home, immediately ready to greet me. And not only that - but within a few minutes of hugs and laughs and strolling the lines of perfectly symmetrical trees and heat lamps lighting cafe after cafe - I see one, single, solitary, red rose. In the middle of the street. I pick it up and it's perfectly preserved. Just blooming.

"Turn around," my friend Elena tells me, with a familiar, devious smile on her face. And I do. And there's the Eiffel Tower.

And that moment about sums up my trip from Dublin to Paris. Everywhere I turn: magic.

Happythankyoumoreplease.