Shanghai Zoo

Natalie Lau

On Tuesdays, there’s a couple of students in our program that don’t have class all day long. So, we utilize these Tuesdays to the best we can! Two Tuesdays ago, my classmate, Tyler, and I went to the Shanghai Zoo! Here are some of the highlights from our day at the zoo.

Along the zoo trail, we passed by this large lake. On the other side, were tons of swans and ducks. The ferris wheel is also an addition to the zoo.

Here are the beautiful swans!

We were so close to these critters. There was only a glass barrier between us and these swimming creatures.

Look at these playful cubs! They looked like they were having so much fun. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be an animal…..

This was the perfect shot of two lovebirds – bright colored feathers and all.

I must say that this magnificent cat did not have the space in its area that it truly deserves. (Sorry, I’m having technical difficulties rotating this photo for some odd reason).

Everyone was crowded around the panda. He was just laying around. But as soon as I moved into place, he got up and showed off his beautiful body. (Again, sorry, I’ve been unable to rotate this photo as well).

They had a bunch of these small decorated elephants and we just had to get a photo with the most colourful one!