Exploring New Cultures in Portugal!

Megan Curran
Portugal hero

Follow along with my friends and me as we travel to Porto, Portugal! With our flight departing at 7 a.m., we started our morning around 4:30 a.m. prepared for a long day. Once we landed, we bought metro/bus passes at the airport and headed to breakfast because we were so hungry. After dropping off our bags at the hostel, we used the rest of our day to explore the city.

The next day, we started our nine hour Best of Porto Guided Tour with Lunch, River Cruise, and Wine Tasting that we booked the week prior. This was super cool because it helped bring together everything that we visited the day before and we got to see many new places too. The tour guide was so educated on the city of Porto and taught us more culture and history than I could ever imagine learning! The best part of it all was that he drove us around the city in a company van all day! We planned to walk for nine hours but to our surprise, the majority of it was driving. Another cool part was that we got to spend the whole day with a couple from Switzerland and a mom and son who lived in Germany. The tour guide brought us to a delicious traditional lunch with a drink, entrée, and dessert and then we headed off to continue exploring. I think I explored Porto more than I've ever explored my own hometown!

When traveling abroad, your experience is what you make of it. I tried to soak in as much history and culture as I could while I was there and I would highly recommend it to you wherever you go!

I hope you enjoy the video of our trip to Porto!