Preparing While Stilling Living in the Moment

1 Feb 2018

Being the carefully organized and intensely overprepared person I am, planning an international four-month trip has been both a blessing and a curse. I am not afraid to admit that I find pure enjoyment from making lists of things I need to buy and do before any future event. Although thinking ahead is something I excel at, my forward thinking has sometimes caused me to miss the moment I am in. In order to make the most out of my winter break in California, I promised myself to not let my future travels overshadow my time spent at home. Waking up every morning in Los Angeles means waking up to a house full of sunshine and rooms full of my loved ones. Every morning I have the opportunity to go for a run in the sun and spend the day driving around in my mom's Honda with the windows down. While I eagerly prepare to depart for Amsterdam, I have continued to make memories worth sharing. I am overwhelmed with excitement for what awaits me in Amsterdam, but I am beginning to realize I will miss my home very much while I am away. So as I prepare for Amsterdam, my attention remains in Los Angeles and in the moment.