Preparing While Stilling Living in the Moment

Grace Keller
The clear Los Angeles skyline after a rainy day

Being the carefully organized and intensely overprepared person I am, planning an international four-month trip has been both a blessing and a curse. I am not afraid to admit that I find pure enjoyment from making lists of things I need to buy and do before any future event. Although thinking ahead is something I excel at, my forward thinking has sometimes caused me to miss the moment I am in. In order to make the most out of my winter break in California, I promised myself to not let my future travels overshadow my time spent at home. Waking up every morning in Los Angeles means waking up to a house full of sunshine and rooms full of my loved ones. Every morning I have the opportunity to go for a run in the sun and spend the day driving around in my mom's Honda with the windows down. While I eagerly prepare to depart for Amsterdam, I have continued to make memories worth sharing. I am overwhelmed with excitement for what awaits me in Amsterdam, but I am beginning to realize I will miss my home very much while I am away. So as I prepare for Amsterdam, my attention remains in Los Angeles and in the moment.

Grace Keller

<p>Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, I've spent my entire life in an environment heavily connected to the entertainment industry. As a student at Cornell University studying the connections between visual perception and media communication and design, I strive to be able to understand and implement effective design in media management. Fashion, art, architecture, music, food, and people are among the many subjects I hope to capture during my travels</p>

Cornell University
Los Angeles, CA