Discovering Northern Argentina

My friends and I went to Northern Argentina this past weekend. This has been one of the trips I've been most looking forward to, as Northern Argentina is known for both its culture and natural beauty. I talked to my host family before leaving, who said that Northern Argentina is like a country of its own when compared to the province of Buenos Aires. The provinces of Salta and Jujuy have far more people who are indigenous to Argentina than the province of Buenos Aires. The empanadas are fried, not baked, and the local cuisine has more quiona than gnoochi. The roads are wide open, and there are llamas.

We spent our first day exploring Cafayate, which is a wine region in Argentina and home to the famed Torrontes wine. We grabbed lunch at a vineyard and enjoyed the views and the wine. We also explored the small town of Cachi.

On our second day, we went to Salinas Grandes, which are some of the largest salt flats in the world. We spent some time using the scenery to take photos with optical illusions before going to the town of Purmamarca where we explored some markets and admired the hill of seven colors.

On our third day, we explored the picturesque town of Tilcara and made our way to the airport to catch our flight back to BA.