Firebreathing Tubas and Orientation

Kevin V Au

After 11 hours on a plane, surprisingly decent airplane food, and a 45 minute wait at the UK border I'm finally here in London! I've met some awesome people so far and saw some pretty cool sights. I've definitely fallen in love with London already and can't wait to spend the next few months learning about the culture and city. Here's a glimpse at some of the cool things I've seen so far!

Fun fact (kind of): I like history! So visiting Windsor Castle (one of the Queen's residences) and the historic town of Eton was pretty awesome. 

Couldn't pass up a free ride on the London Eye. As expected, the view was amazing. The picture above really doesn't do it justice. 

We tried to get onto the Hogwarts Express but we didn't get enough of a running start. 

No caption needed.

And here's my small and cozy bedroom for the next few months. 

Between being jet-lagged and orientation taking up most of the week, I haven't had too many opportunities to really explore the city. There's a ton of festivals and events going on in London and I can't wait to see them all. If I survive crossing the roads here you can expect to see a lot more exciting things coming up!