The Perks Of Studying In The Center Of Rome

Kathryn Sommer

How lucky am I to study in a school that is located directly across from the Castel Sant’Angelo? A program that is five minutes away from the Vatican, and approximately ten minutes away from the Pantheon?

When studying in the center of Rome, I highly recommend going on short excursions in between classes or after school, as everything is so close to the IES Abroad Center. I walk by the Vatican and Castel Sant’Angelo on my way to school every day, across the Ponte Sant’Angelo even. And if I want to eat one of the best gelatos in Rome, one of the best gelatos is located right by the Pantheon – Don Nino is truly a must-try!

Castel Sant'Angelo                   Sant'Angelo                               Don Nino Gelato

The Pantheon                            The World-Famous Cupola      The Vatican