Trdelník Trdelník and More Trdelník

Heather Knotek-Black
Trdelník in Prague

I met a lot of really great people through my study abroad program. Study abroad programs attract like-minded adventurous individuals who enjoy getting out of their comfort zone and experiencing new cultures, food, and chaos. It is very easy to find people in the program to travel with on weekend excursions. I planned a weekend trip to Prague with five other students. One of the best decisions I have made for studying abroad is downloading Venmo. It makes it super easy to pay someone back for booking an Airbandb, buying the train tickets, or paying for the bill at a restaurant. In Prague, we ate at a lot of quaint brunch places and walked around the historical albeit extremely touristy city. We went in March and it was packed with tourists, so I can’t even imagine what a summer day in Prague would look like!