Last Week in Buenos Aires

Emma Pulido

It seems so crazy to me that this experience – the one I’ve been waiting for since high school – is almost over. I have just two days left in Buenos Aires before I head to NYC and then Tel Aviv. It’s been an incredible semester in this beautiful fast paced city. While I have of course gotten frustrated by systematic inefficiencies and language barriers, it’s been so wonderful to get to know a new city, especially one as busy as Buenos Aires. While at time I felt complacent in a city that did not feel entirely too different from my own, I’ve been motivating myself to do and see as much as I can. This past week we had a feriado from school (por Día Nacional de la Banda – y nadie saben porque es una feriado…) and my roomate and I took full advantage – going to visit friends in La Boca, seeing a free show at Teatro Colon, going to an arts festival in Recoleta…
This is my last post for my semester here in Argentina. My next post will be from the other side of the world!

Some of the little kids I work with at service learning!

My friend all dressed up for a free show at Teatro Colon!

Fun telephones at the San Telmo Fair.

A pretty door in La Boca

A photo of me my friend took in a playground in La Boca!

A free outdoor concert at the Cultural Center of Recoleta for Ciudad Emergente

An exhibición at CC Recoleta of photographs of John Lennon

Yet another beautiful building in Buenos Aires

News Headlines