Midmorning Departure

Diana Dinh

In a few more hours, I will be off to the airport and on my way to Japan. It will be my first time flying since elementary school, and it will be my first time going alone. Although this trip has been long-awaited, these past few months have left me feeling bittersweet about my departure. In this past month alone, I have seen grief-stricken relatives cry over a lost loved one,  yet I have also experienced the joy and excitement associated with the promise of a new life. I have realized that I have more potential than I thought I did, and that by the time I return from my trip, I will have missed out on a wedding ( that will most likely start a chain reaction of other marriages to come), a graduation consisting of many of my closest and most precious friends at school, the birth of an extraordinary baby, many of my friends’s 21st’s, and my own mother’s 60th birthday! Even in the midst of all of this, I am thrilled to be given this opportunity to study abroad in Japan and I want to thank all of the people who have supported me in this endeavor. During my time abroad, I hope to be lucky enough to find the same kind of warmth and love that I have received from my friends and family back home.

Anyways, enough of all my feelings!

Here are some photos of what I have been up to and I am taking on my trip :]

my first installation for a show showing my host family some southern hospitality :] Jeffrey will make guest appearances from time to time :] a random night with friends A glimpse of a Japanese Visa Yen is so pretty!