Una Cena de Despedida

Claire Fishman

This past Tuesday, our IES group as well as the IES students directly enrolled in Universidad de San Francisco Quito got together for a goodbye dinner. It was a bit strange having the dinner on Tuesday when we leave on Saturday, but I guess that was the only time that worked for everybody. Our host moms attended the dinner as well, and it was cool to be able to meet a member of everyone else’s host family.

The dinner began with our program directors saying several words, and one of our staff members, Gladys, read a poem from a student from last semester. There was also a slideshow put together by one of the girls on our program.

The food itself was fantastic, although, in typical Ecuadorian fashion, there was a lot of it! After dinner, we were all supposed to sing karaoke, but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how much you like to sing in front of other people), the sound on the machine wasn’t working. Regardless, the dinner was still really enjoyable, with good food and good company.