Are you a spring 2023 study abroad student in transit?

If you're on your way, but currently delayed in transit to your program, let us know your status by completing the Travel Delay Form for your IES Abroad Center. 

Complete a Travel Delay Form

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Final Thoughts Before Departure.

Brandon Berardo

I’m Brandon Berardo, a Junior Finance and Chinese double major at Wofford College. In the following post, I will try to give you a sense of my home and my life, all of the things that I am leaving behind that make me who I am. I’ve chosen to travel to Beijing in the hopes of improving my Chinese language proficiency as well as gaining a better understanding of the complex Chinese culture. As I sit here staring at my open, and still empty, suitcase, I am trying to wrap my head around this study abroad experience. Although I have spent over two months in a foreign country, four months in China will be something I cannot fully prepare myself for. I know that there will be ups and downs as there is with any international adventure, I just have to hope that the ups outweigh the downs.

As with any trip, I am trying to just pack my bags and head off with an open mind, but if packing for a four-month trip doesn’t intimidate you at least a little bit, you’re probably lying. 

Brandon Berardo

<p>My name is Brandon Berardo and I am a junior from Wofford College. Through my travels abroad, I have discovered that there is so much to see. People say that pictures are worth a thousand words, but I am hoping that some of my pictures will leave you speechless.</p>

Home university:
Wofford College
Chinese Language
Finance