More Must Visit Places in Italy

Andy Jacobs square headshot
Andy Jacobs
More Must Visit Places in Italy

Hi everyone! 

I hope you are all safe, happy, and healthy.

If you read my last blog, you’ll probably be a little confused as to why I’m posting about two more places that I love in Italy. Well, Italy is just filled with amazing sights and adventures that I just couldn’t condense it all into one post. So, I am going to tell you my other top two places to see in Italy. I could tell you about a lot more but I tried really hard to just pick two more places.

1. Venice: 

Venice was so much more amazing than I could have ever imagined. I was seriously blown away by the beauty of it! When I first got to Venice, I was immediately giddy. I had heard so much about the town, and I was so excited to finally experience it for myself! I loved seeing the water flowing between the streets and it was interesting to see the contrast between the use of gondolas and motorboats to taxi people around. Both seemed like great experiences, but we decided to rent a motorboat tour to explore Venice. We saw everything from small nooks and crannies to wide open spaces, and we even had to duck under a few bridges! Aside from the boat tour, we walked around and found some excellent shopping. There were high-end shops and thrift shops as well. It was perfect for any need. I am so glad I got to visit Venice. It truly took my breath away. 

1. Sicily: 

I am a total beach lover at heart, so Siciliy was the perfect place for me to visit. I went to Catania with some people I met through the IES Abroad program and we had a fantastic time! We left on a Friday Morning at 6:00 a.m. and made it to Sicily by 10: 00 a.m. We were able to explore the lovely Fish Market in downtown Catania! Aside from the smell, it was really enjoyable. We also got to see the colorful umbrellas that create an almost roof-type structure over the tops of the streets in the fish market. We even saw a chef come out to a table and filet a fish right in front of a man for his dinner. We also took a taxi for 25 minutes and visited a beach where we could see the Cyclopes rocks from the Odysseus myth. We rented kayaks and were able to get up close and personal with them! We stayed and watched the sunset over the rocks until it was time to make out way back to Catania for dinner. We then had an amazing night out before we had to leave for the airport on Sunday morning at 4:00 a.m. We were all exhausted, but the trip was well worth it. 

I’m so thankful for everything I’ve seen and can't wait to continue to explore! I'll keep you updated if I go on any more trips! I think I might try to visit some places outside of Italy next. Maybe I will go to London, or Barcelona, or Madrid, or Amsterdam, or Paris, or Dublin. The possibilities are endless! 

I hope you have a great day! 

Ciao for now! 

Andy =)