Andy’s First Four Day’s in Italy

Andy Jacobs square headshot
Andy Jacobs

Hi everyone! 

I hope you are all safe, happy and healthy.

I have had an absolute whirlwind of a time in Italy so far. I arrived in Rome on August 28th with both of my parents, and we immediately began our trip with excitement!

August 28th: After settling into our Airbnb, we went straight to Focene Beach. It is about an hour's drive from Roma. I am obsessed with the Ocean and the Sea, so it only made sense to begin our trip at the Beach. Focene was a beautiful and relaxing first day to spend in Italy!

August 29th: We decided to travel South and hit up Pompei and the Amalfi Coast. My parents were a little jetlagged so we got a late start to the day, but that didn’t stop us from making the most of it. We saw some tourist shops and a beautiful church in Pompei before heading to the Amalfi Coast. Since I am a coastal girl at heart, I was definitely most excited for this part of the day! We drove on the winding roads up and down the mountain fearing for our lives because of how treacherous the terrain was. There was barely enough room for one car, let alone two cars, to fit on that road! But we survived even with our close encounter with a tour bus and made it to the coast for breathtaking views and gorgeous scenery before driving back to Rome for the night. 

August 30th: We hit up most of the major attractions in Roma on this day! We saw the Coliseum, the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain, and St. Peter’s Basilica. St. Peter’s Basilica was absolutely mesmerizing. My brain still has a hard time grasping everything I saw there. The architecture, history, and culture are some of the best I have ever seen. I was also blown away by the Pantheon. To most, it probably doesn’t seem as mesmerizing as St. Peter’s Basilica, but to me, it took my breath away. I am a sucker for Roman Style Pillars and the Pantheon did not disappoint! We also had some amazing gelato and pizza! I can’t wait to try some more gelato Italian classics!

August 31st: On this day we went drove North along the coast before stopping to share an excellent lunch of cured meats, cheeses, and vegetables before heading to Carbonifera beach. And this beach just so happens to now be my new favorite beach of all time. I am a huge beach lover so that is saying a lot! After the beach, we made our way up to Piza and saw the Leaning Tower of Piza. It does in fact lean. ;) After that, we made our way East until we stopped at a Hotel in Balogna to get some much-needed rest before beginning our adventures again the next day! 

I will update you soon with more of my adventures! Next on the list is touring the Ducatti factory and hitting up Venice. I’m excited for the next adventure! 

Ciao for now! 

Andy =)