Things you wouldn't normally do in Barcelona

Alison Castaneda

Some things people don't usually do in Barcelona...

1. Go to El Raval

El Raval is a culturally diverse neighborhood. It is very different than the rest of Barcelona and there are many things to see and places to eat in El Raval. Although this is an interesting neighborhood to visit, I would recommend not going by yourself at night.

The Cat of El Raval

2. La Barceloneta in November/December

Not many people would think to go to the beach once it gets cold, but this is the perfect time to watch the sunset with some friends and enjoy some snacks. This was probably one of my favorite moments in Barcelona, sitting with a friend, talking, and watching the sunset. During this time, there are also lots of people walking their dogs, running, or simply taking a stroll on the beach.

3. Visiting the Plaza de Toros Monumental de Barcelona (Monumental Bullring of Barcelona)

A lot of people don't know that there is an old bullring located in Barcelona that you can visit and that is also part of a small museum. This was one of the most interesting places I have been to. The museum has information about the history about this bullring and bullfighting in general in Barcelona.

4. Visiting Camp Nou Museum

When people think about FC Barcelona, they think about going to a fútbol game. What some people don't know is that Camp Nou also has a museum about the history of FC Barcelona and its players. My favorite part of this museum was being able to go into the stadium and step onto the field where many famous players like Messi, Suarez, and Neymar have set foot on.

FC Barcelona trophies

Messi's Jersey

Small church inside the stadium

Camp Nou