Redefined

Alison Castaneda

It's been just over two weeks since I arrived back to California. Although it's nice to be back at home in time for the holidays, I do miss being in Barcelona and spending time with my friends. The café con leche, my host Mom's cooking, and the ease of getting around the city is what I miss the most.

I spent five days at home in California and then I hopped on a plane to go to Houston to visit my family for Christmas and New Year's. Being in Texas for a week was a nice distraction to keep me from reminiscing about study abroad in Barcelona. Re-entry has been a bit tough. I often question why things aren't done the way they're done in Spain. I also catch myself talking about Barcelona whenever I have a chance--sorry friends and family! Being back home I can tell that I have grown as a person, I'm not quite the same as I was before, I feel more independent, and I analyze things different than before. I have a redefined view of the world and knowledge of different cultures all thanks to studying abroad.

Flight back home, over Andorra

Oh how I missed sushi

My dog Lily is ready for Christmas

Back on a plane, this time to Houston

Moody Gardens in Galveston, Texas

Mood Gardens Festival of the Lights in Galveston

Downtown Houston