Things I wish I would have done

Alison Castaneda

As my time in Barcelona is coming to a close, I took some time to reflect on my experience here. A part of that was thinking about things I wish I would have done, or would have done more often during my stay in Barcelona.

1. Traveled more throughout Spain than other countries. Spain is very diverse; I found this out when I traveled to Granada. I wish I had seen more of Spain and that way I would have also practiced speaking Spanish more often.

2. Planned fewer trips. There are a few more things that I would have like to do in Barcelona, but since it’s my last week here, I don’t have time to do them anymore.

3. Taken classes at a local university. Yet another way to practice my Spanish and meet local students my age.

4. Spent more time outside. Sit on a bench in a new part of town and soak it in. I wish I would have done this more often, especially at the beach.

5. Write in my journal more. It would have been nice to have a small reminder about what I did each day.

A few places I would have liked to spend more time in:

View from near Park Güell

MACBA

Barceloneta 

Agbar Tower

View of Barcelona 

Casa Batlló

A building I see everyday on my walk to school

Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya

Plaça Catalunya

Port Vell