As my time in Barcelona is coming to a close, I took some time to reflect on my experience here. A part of that was thinking about things I wish I would have done, or would have done more often during my stay in Barcelona.
1. Traveled more throughout Spain than other countries. Spain is very diverse; I found this out when I traveled to Granada. I wish I had seen more of Spain and that way I would have also practiced speaking Spanish more often.
2. Planned fewer trips. There are a few more things that I would have like to do in Barcelona, but since it’s my last week here, I don’t have time to do them anymore.
3. Taken classes at a local university. Yet another way to practice my Spanish and meet local students my age.
4. Spent more time outside. Sit on a bench in a new part of town and soak it in. I wish I would have done this more often, especially at the beach.
5. Write in my journal more. It would have been nice to have a small reminder about what I did each day.
A few places I would have liked to spend more time in:
View from near Park Güell
View of Barcelona
A building I see everyday on my walk to school
Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya
More Blogs From This Author
<p>My name is Alison Castañeda and I'm a junior double majoring in Communicative Disorders and Spanish at the University of Redlands. I grew up in Rancho Cucamonga, California and I have a passion for traveling, exploring new places, trying new food, and taking tons of pictures. In my free time I like to go thrift shopping, drawing, taking trips to Los Angeles, and spending time with my family. Studying in Barcelona this fall is such a blessing and I couldn?t be happier with my decision.</p>