It's Only Been One Week?!

Alison Castaneda

It has been a little over a week since I arrived in Barcelona and I can say I have never been busier in my life. It feels like I’ve been here for months because I’ve done so many things and visited so many new places.

Barcelona is BEAUTIFUL. The food is delicious (I love the café con leche) and the architecture is amazing. The city is always alive, it is quite different to what I’m used to in my little suburban town in California, but I enjoy this change of pace.

I’ve included some photos I’ve taken at the places I’ve visited so far. I hope you enjoy!

The second day I was in Barcelona, it happened to be my birthday so my host Mom got me the most delicious chocolate cake I have ever had in my life!

These were taken in el Catedral de Barcelona.

These buildings are in the Gothic Quarter. The second photo is the Ayuntamiento de Barcelona.

These were taken in Peñíscola. There is a castle that is located on top of a hill where you can see the whole city from.

This is some of the food we had in Peñíscola. The first one is melon con jamón and the second is crema catalan, which were both really good!

In the streets of Peñíscola.

The first photo is paella de mariscos and the second is paella tradicional from Valencia which contains chicken and vegtables.

The streets in Valencia. The architecture here is different than Barcelona's.

On the last day of the trip, we visited the L'Oceanogràfic aquarium in Valencia and saw many different animals from all over the world.