See You Soon, Salamanca

Sridevi Narayanan

With one week left until I board a plane to Spain, I finally realizing how close I am to beginning my study abroad adventure! For months I have filled out form after form, met with advisors, and carefully planned this trip out.  Having just returned home from a visit to India, I am overcome with jet lag and am slowly getting my things together. It feels as though I have been and will be living out of a suitcase this summer. Home is oddly different. Home feels like a layover between travels. Home feels like a fuel station: do laundry, repack, reorganize. As I prepare for my departure, I am unsure of what to expect. And somehow that is exciting yet nerve wracking. I am interested to see how the structure of classes are and how it differs to the United States. I wonder how time will be split in order to spend time exploring Salamanca and other parts of the country. And more than anything, I am curious as to who else is in the program and how we will all become friends. I love meeting new people from different universities. Ultimately, this program will be what I choose to make out of it. I am going in with an open mind and cannot wait to meet the people with whom I will be spending the next four weeks with. Time and time again, I have been told that studying abroad will change my life. I am more than ecstatic to see how the experiences and memories I make during the following weeks will impact my college career. Here I come, Salamanca!