La Latina Sunday

Sofia Wiener

Ciao!

I’m happy to say that I’ve been successfully fighting the temptation to say  ”Well, I can just go see this later.  I just got here anyway…” because before I knew it, three weeks have gone by.  Three wonderful weeks that have been filled with adventure (both good and bad- I had some bank troubles but all is well now).

Last Sunday, I went to visit one of Madrid’s most diverse areas: La Latina and Lavapies.  Here,  I went to El Rastro- a market held every Sunday morning in La Latina.  I found myself surrounded by both Spaniards and tourists scurrying about to get some interesting articles of clothing, handmade leather bags, or antique books.

The area reminded me of my beloved New York: beautifully diverse and seeping with activity.

Luckily, I was able to take a step back and capture some of the life in El Rastro.

Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,

Sofía