The Last Week

Sergio Cueto

My last week went by really fast! We had five days of class and reflected upon our journey in Costa Rica. In addition, we received advice for the possible culture shock we may experience in the United States. The final week, also meant last-minute souvenir shopping for friends and family. On the last day of class, we presented our final projects that focused on the internships we had just finished. Afterward, our classmate Caroline, surprised us all with a slideshow full of photographs and video clips from some of the best and funniest moments we all shared. After class, we got ice cream from POPS and decided to hang out at my host house. It was a tearful goodbye knowing that our program was finally over. Later that day, I finished packing and had dinner with my host mother. The next morning, I prepared for my flight back home and said my final goodbye to my host family. I will never forget this incredible journey and the people I met along the way. Each photograph below is from a previous blog post.

One of the sights close to playa Manuel Antonio. A group photograph of Maya and I with two of the participants involved with the project Cuerpo Ajeno. A group photograph with Feliciano. Our last group photograph at EARTH University in front of our dorms. A photograph of my host house. My first Casado dish. Two of the children and I from my internship at Asociación Obras del Espíritu Santo. One of my favorite anime characters from Hayao Miyazaki’s My Neighbor Totoro at the restaurant Casa Manga! A view in the province of Alajuela. Volcan Poás. Rio Celeste Waterfall. A group photograph with Wilbert.

Sergio Cueto

<div><span style="color: rgb(29, 29, 29); font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgb(237, 237, 237);">Hello! My name is Sergio Cueto and I was born in the city of Juarez, Chihuahua located in Mexico. I came to Chicago when I was two years old and currently reside in the Logan Square neighborhood of the city. I am an undergraduate student at the University of Illinois at Chicago, majoring in Latin American and Latino Studies with a minor in Sociology. I am also a volunteer for the Chicago Latino Film Festival. I love photography, films, reading, writing, video games, and spending time with friends and family.</span></div>

University of Illinois at Chicago
Latin American Studies