Berlin: Like Nothing Before

Sarah Chadwick

Berlin was my favorite international city that I have visited so far.  It has such a unique character to it, unlike Munich or Paris or Zurich.  Berlin feels like a balancing act.  You have a vibrant art, music, and academia scene, coupled by a dark past that many sites in this city hold.  Berlin in such a unique city that represents and large piece of world history.  What other cities ave been around for centuries as Prussia, yet has actually only been one cohesive place for 28 years after the fall of a wall?  It was hard for me to believe that I was actually standing in front of such iconic landmarks like the Brandenburg and more.  I encourage everyone to go and experience Berlin.  If its on your travel bucket list, fellow study abroad studdents, move it to top prioirty.  I promise, it will be something you've never experienced before.