All Good Things Must Come to an End

Sallie Rochelle
Moroccan Sunset

It’s hard to believe that we only have two more weeks left in Barcelona, which has lead to a lot of nostalgia about the past three months, and also the steady realization of everything I have to get done in such a short amount of time. Sadly, my weekend travels have officially come to an end, but now I get the chance to explore some of the things in Barcelona that I have not gotten to yet, like Tibidabo and going to a fútbol game. Of course, along with the semester ending comes final exams, papers, presentations, and the stress of attempting to put everything I bought abroad in a bag that was already full to begin with! Looking back on my travels, I think Morocco was my favorite weekend getaway because of how different it was from any other destination. These pictures feature camel rides, a cooking class, and the traditional Moroccan food and drink: Tajin and mint tea. We wandered around the markets, checked out a carpet store, went to an old palace, and hiked to waterfalls to have lunch in the middle of a river. The people in Morocco were so welcoming and were very enthusiastic about showing us their culture. While these weekend trips are incredibly memorable and eye-opening, they are also exhausting at the same time, so I’m excited to be settled back in Barcelona for a bit. Over the next couple of weeks, I’m looking forward to discovering new things here, finishing up my schoolwork, reflecting on the last few months with friends, and trying to savor and appreciate every remaining minute abroad.

Sallie Rochelle

<p>Hi! My name is Sallie Rochelle, I was born and raised in San Antonio, TX and I am a junior at Sewanee. I am majoring in Psychology and Spanish but have always had a passion for the arts, whether that be dance, music, writing, painting, photography, fashion- I love it all! For the most part, I enjoy drawing or painting photographs that I have taken myself. I focus my art on mostly portraits but love to explore many other subjects, like landscapes, architecture, and abstract. Also, I love to travel and believe that photography and art is a perfect way to capture a moment or image that you want to remember forever.</p>

Sewanee - The University of the South
San Antonio, TX