Oct 21 4:38am

The Best and Worst of my Austria/Switzerland Trip

by Zoe

I just returned from a weeklong trip through Austria and Switzerland! I traveled with a few women in my program––Sophie from the University of Southern California, Annabelle from Emory University, and Ania from Georgetown University––and had a blast visiting cities and towns in central Europe. I have created a list of my favorite and least favorite things about the trip, in case you ever visit those places!

Oct 18 10:37am

Golden Week

by Micol

国庆快乐!

Happy National Day!

Oct 17 11:45am

Act I, scene ii: 'O, pardon me, thou bleeding piece of earth..."

by Katie

Greta Thunberg set the world on fire when she began to skip school to draw attention to climate change. In the few weeks since students across the globe held their own school strikes, Extinction Rebellion has taken over London.

Oct 17 6:53am

Coping From 5,000 Miles Away

by Maria

Studying abroad can feel like a dream come true, but when tragedy strikes it can be particularly difficult to cope without your family, friends, and support network to help you through it.

Oct 17 1:59am

Raro to Auckland to Wellington, Oh My: Part Two

The one where Lexi travels down the entire North Island while living in a van with a bunch of cool people

Oct 16 10:30am

A Passion for Education: Thoughts on Global Citizenship with Yesenia Ayala

Yesenia Ayala (IES Abroad Santiago, Spring 2017 | Grinnell College) has a heart for students.Yesenia's commitment to supporting the education of others and learning about the world herself along the way made her more than deserving of our 2017 Global Citizen of the Year award. We caught up with Yesenia a couple years later to hear how her work in a Chilean classroom evolved into policy work on Capitol Hill in D.C.